? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, December 7, 2009

Let's get SPORTY!!!!!

Basketball
This was another opportunity for me to actively get involved in a sport and this time it was basketball which I had no idea of. I thought I should participate in the sport not solely with the intention of being in the SAISA team but to learn another sport which would also help me to stay fit at least for a couple of days. So like the previous soccer practices this time too I attended the training sessions but I was able to be more regular this time as I had less school work and much time to commit for the sport those days. Even here I learnt alot of things from passing to shooting but I suppose I was not very skillful in this game may be because I haven't followed the game much and had less passion towards it compared to soccer. And again I was unable to make it to the team but I wasn't heart-broken as I knew I would not stand a chance and there were talented people than me. But I am proud of the fact that having all these in mind I still continued to do the sport as I learnt that sports is not all about winning and a true sportsman would have the will power to take both victory and defeat at equal levels.

Soccer
As I love the game as it is I thought I should give it a try this time for SAISA Girls Soccer. Having no experience of the game at all I started attending training sessions which was kind of hard for me to cope up with the UN Day practices and other school work taking place parallel. But anyhow I managed to attend a few practices and learnt quite a number of things such as tackling the ball, kicking, scoring goals, guarding the goal post, attacking, defending and what not. It was a great learning experience for me because I enjoyed playing the sport as much as I enjoyed watching it. Being a huge fan of football, watching the world cup matches, following the league matches and even watching matches at odd times in the night on TV and being a big time craze of my all time favourite football player Christiano Ronaldo and supporting his club, Manchester United as a great fanatic I never thought I'd even play the game for once in my life. But I did and it was simply but awesome. My aim was to involve in the sport by learning it and gain physical fitness. I tried my best to get selected for the team but I couldn't. However I believe my participation was more important and appreciated as I joined the sport with the intention of involving myself in action with true sportsmanship.

Badminton
I started off with badminton as my first CAS activity for action but sadly I was able to attend only one after school badminton practice. But I'll be glad to mention that as a beginner in badminton I started off pretty well. At first I had a few complications with giving the serve properly and hitting the shuttle with the right grip of the racket. Slowly but surely I caught up with the game and was able to play at a stretch with my opponent even though my opponents had more experience in the game than me. However I believe I failed to commit more time for this task because I had other commitments but I hope to catch up with the game during the second semester.

0 comments: