? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, November 8, 2010

VERSUS CANCER - Hope for Kids







The Hope for Kids CAS project was initially a group of five girls from grade 11 last year and that was myself, Christina, Malindie, Priyanka and Tara. We realised that we were in dire need of funds for our project in order to serve the kids in the childrens ward of the Maharagama Cancer Hospital better. So we decided to fund raise through a concert which we named VERSUS CANCER. Besides being in the organising comittee of the concert I contributed to it via performances as well. I got myself involved in three performances of the concert which were a group bollywood dance with Priyanka(12), Anishka(12), Devansh(12), Bharath(11) and Shashwath(10), another bollywood dance this time around a duo with Sandini(10) and last but not the least a solo kandyan dance by myself.
With a lot of hard work put into organisation of the concert and days and nights of hard practices the concert turned out to be a GREAT SUCCESS =) We managed to earn a profit of Rs 230,000/= and I must thank my team of five and other performers who performed from inside and outside OSC without whom this concert would not have been possible.

LEARNING EXPERIENCES - This concert brought me a whole lot of new experiences and taught me good important lessons. Specially in terms of organisation, I learnt how to work collectively as a group. Getting things done at that right time was a huge challenge and I realised you need a lot of patience and commitment to pull of such a concert of this sort. I was happy of the fact that I did this as a service for a worthy cause. On the other hand I could also improve my creativity skills through this concert by performing in three dance items. It was tough and challenging, tough because a lot of practice was needed to perfect the items and challenging because choreography for all three items had to be done on our own. Although I believe I succeeded besides all the hardships =D I really enjoyed experimenting and experiencing various different dance styles, that is kandyan and bollywood and choreographing on my won. We got a lot of positive feedback from our audiences for the performances and the successful concert we had.
VERSUS CANCER ALLOWED ME TO ACHIEVE TWO OF MY CAS OBJECTIVES AND THAT IS TO IMPROVE MY DANCING ABILITIES (CREATIVITY) AND GIVE MY FULLEST SUPPORT TO THE HOPE FOR KIDS PROJECT (SERVICES) =).........!!!!!!

Youtube links for the dancing items:
Bollywood group dance - DESI GIRL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_ZN61c4W-o&feature=BF&list=UL3T2YO4qQ4Co&index=1

Duo bollywood dance with Sandini
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Vf1VIri4KU&feature=BF&list=UL3T2YO4qQ4Co&index=3

Kandyan dance by me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwqV_U6Aqys&feature=BF&list=UL3T2YO4qQ4Co&index=2

0 comments: